Our Statement of Faith
- The Bible
- We believe the whole Bible is verbally and fully inspired by God and without error in the original writings, and it is the supreme and final authority in faith and life. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:21; John 17:17)
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19; Deut. 6:4; 2 Cor. 13:14)
- Jesus, God the Son
We Believe in the personal, bodily future return of Jesus Christ to the earth, when He will reign as King over a renewed earth in which dwell righteousness and peace. (Isaiah 11:6-9; Micah 4:1-5; Zech. 14:9; Acts 1:10-11; Phil. 3:20; Titus 2:13; 2 Pet. 3:13; Rev. 21:1; 22:7,12,20).
- God, The Holy Spirit
- We believe that God the Holy Spirit is a Person who restrains evil in the world and convicts men of sin. He also regenerates those who receive Christ as Savior, baptizes them at the moment of regeneration into the body of Christ, indwells them permanently, seals them unto the day of redemption, bestows spiritual gifts on each one and fills those yielded to Him. (John 16:7-11, 3:8; 1 Cor. 12:4-13; John 14:16-17; Eph. 4:30, 5:18)
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby caused physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature. (Gen. 1:27; Psa. 51:5; Rom. 3:23, 5:12)
We believe that salvation is a gift of God and is received through personal faith in Jesus Christ; that man is justified by grace through faith apart from works; that all true believers are kept secure in Christ forever and that nothing can separate them from the love of God. (Acts 13:33,39; Rom. 6:23; Eph. 2:8-10; Rom. 8:1,38,39; John 10:27-30)
We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died in our place for our sins on the cross, and that all who believe in Him are saved because of His shed blood (Rom. 3:24-26; Acts 16:31; 1 Cor. 15:3,4; 1 Pet. 2:24). Likewise, those who do not believe will perish and be eternally separated from God (John 3:16,18,36; Matthew 25:46; 2 Thes. 1:8-10; 2:10-12).
We believe that all believers still possess a sinful nature but full provision to overcome this sinful nature is provided through identification with Christ, knowledge of the Scriptures, and by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Rom. 7:15-21, 6:1-11, 8:11-13; 2 Thess. 2:13)
- We believe that the true church is the invisible body of Christ made up of all believers from the day of Pentecost until the church is caught up into Heaven, and that Christ ordained the observance of believer's water baptism and the Lord's supper until He returns. (Matt. 16:18; 1 Thess. 4:13-17; Eph. 4:4-6; 1 Cor. 11:23-34; Matt. 28:19-20)
- We believe that angels are spiritual beings who were created sinless personalities presently existing in both fallen and unfallen states. Satan, a fallen angel, is the originator of sin. He led our first parents into sin and now rules as the god of this world. Judged at the cross, he and his demons will be cast into the Lake of Fire. (Isa. 14:12-14; Gen. 3:1-19; Heb. 2:14; Rev. 20:10)